What you'll be doing...
Platform support manager leads a team of administrators who support multiple LOB ERP related systems including but not limited to SAP/vSAP, Peoplesoft, OneERP as well as ancillary support systems. This position manages medium to large size projects of average to high complexity, coordinating project activities to ensure the timely development and delivery of reliable and efficient systems-related solutions to business requirements, managing to scheduled deadlines. The position manages a team that performs strategic design, maintenance of PeopleSoft and SAP databases/middleware and implements security policies across multiple ERP landscapes. The manager will provide guidance and hands on technical leadership to the team in the installation and maintenance of databases/middleware on-Perm and cloud. Handle multiple and conflicting priorities in a professional manner, manage the operational support, enhancement and maintenance of open source/cloud platform systems, including service levels, understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
* Manager will be responsible for implementation, operation, maintenance and support of systems database/middleware across multiple ERPs (SAP & PeopleSoft). Theywill be working with application teams in migrating existing applications to open stack. Migrate existing onPerm DB to PostgreSQL/MySQL. Working with application and AWS teams in keeping the EC2 cost to optimal. Responsible for systems scalability/availability in cloud and onPerm. Monitors Governance Risk and Compliance solutions, and promotes GRC policy awareness, and/or tracks and reports on compliance in line with security policies, processes and procedure for ERP applications.
* Identify and document risks and review project progress providing follow-up status communications to the relevant stakeholders and management on active IT projects. Ensure compliance with Verizon corporate policy.
* Accountable for the performance of employees/contractors reporting to them. Sets goals, ensures that they are met, takes corrective actions when necessary and is responsible for continuous process improvement. Assigns personnel to various operations and schedules their activities, reviews and evaluates their work and prepares performance reports. Maintains positive working environment with a strong customer focus.
* Works with vendors like SAP, Deloitte in designing and building infrastructure for the SAP and Peoplesoft ERP and ancillary systems.
* Designing or participating in the design of key areas such as high availability, disaster recovery and systems management (latest on patches, DB/system backup, archiving).
* Supporting Supply Chain and finance applications by collaborating with other IT teams in resolving any operations issues and making the apps highly available. Provide support on outages and help resolve them with in MTTR and provide root cause to management.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* In-depth knowledge of database and application servers (PostgreSQL/MySQL, Tomcat, AWS, ECC, PeopleSoft, S/4, Hana, PI/PO).
Even better if you have:
* A degree in computer science or computer engineering or any other related discipline.
* Experience in project management including waterfall and agile methodologies.
* Experience in leading/ managing Software projects/ development teams.
* Experience triaging/ handling high pressure customer end user/ requests.
* Experience with performance tuning, scalability and availability.
* Experience in software development cycle.
* Experience in a DevOps software development environment.
* Experience migrating web applications to Cloud (AWS, Oracle Cloud or Cloud Foundry etc.)
* Knowledge and experience of Docker/ Container technologies.
* Experience with Sales and Supply chain systems, logistics, Customer Engagement, CostPoint & CRM systems.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.