Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with over 150-year history focused on assisting our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste.
The Safety Engineer is responsible for the technical and regulatory management of all facility process equipment in accordance with OSHA's Process Safety Management (PSM) directive. The facility PSM /Safety Engineer will lead and be an example of our safety culture while facilitating the continual growth and development of the 14 elements of PSM by working with management, production, laboratory, and maintenance employees as the head of the PSM Steering Committee.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
* Ability to work effectively with personnel regardless of function/level * Excellent interpersonal and communication skills * Strong organization and planning skills * Must exhibit strong attention to detail * Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google, PeopleSoft, Stature, Tracer/Dakota * Extensive knowledge in the following areas: OSHA, RCRA, EPA, NJDEP, DOT * Extensive knowledge of facility permits * Extensive knowledge of equipment testing instruments * Knowledge of site capabilities, limitations and all operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead PSM Steering Committee * Ensure compliance of and growth in the 14 elements of OSHA's PSM directive * Complete process equipment and instrumentation calibrations/inspections/testing * Ensure deadlines are met on testing/monitoring regulatory and safety equipment and systems (including LDAR - Subpart BB facility testing) * Initiate and complete MOCs, lead PHA's and PSSRs, and develop operating procedures * Promote workplace safety by example and as part of facility Safety Committee * Perform clerical tasks by answering telephones, completing reports, email correspondence, and maintaining records and files * Work with Operations and Maintenance in identifying, analyzing, and resolving various safety/engineering projects * Define engineering project scope, prepare project justifications, receive and analyze bid proposals, develop and write CARs including recognition of needs, conceptual design, engineering designs including detailed drawings, written project descriptions, time and financial estimates, and project justification. * Meet with contractors to provide direction in planning and construction of required operational and engineering opportunities in accordance with material specifications, drawings, project scheduling, and safety, health, and permit considerations * Ensure that all process equipment and reclaim operations are operational, compliant, and safe * Work with management and EHS personnel to plan and complete biweekly safety training for employees
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Travel (5-10%) * Other duties as assigned.
At Veolia, you'll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our world. We offer an exciting, dynamic workplace, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
* Competitive Pay * Medical/prescription/Dental/Vision Insurance * Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and the health savings account (HSA) * Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance * Supplemental long-term disability insurance * Voluntary group legal * Voluntary identity theft protection * Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance * Adoption Reimbursement * College-Savings Plan * Student Loan Refinancing * Employee Assistance Program (EAP) * Tuition Reimbursement * Employer Matched 401(K) Plan * Employee discount programs including: Pet insurance, Home insurance, Auto insurance * Work Life Balance/Paid time off * On the job training * Career Advancement * Uniform & Safety Equipment Provided * Employee referral program * Incentive Bonus Programs * Domestic and International transfer opportunities
Veolia North America values the leadership skills, loyalty and integrity you developed during your military service.
You've spent your career protecting and defending a nation. At Veolia, you'll have the chance to join a team of hardworking men and women who work day in and day out to protect and preserve North America's natural resources. At all levels of our organization, military heroes are already solving complex environmental challenges.
From safely transporting complex materials, to improving crucial infrastructure and guaranteeing the delivery of essential services, the experience you've gained during your service can continue to positively impact the world with a career at Veolia.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
* BS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering required * 3 years of OSHA PSM experience preferred
Associated topics: environmental, environmental effect, epa, geotechnical, groundwater, landfill, pollution, waste management, water, water engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.