With nearly 200,000 employees worldwide, be part of a team that provides water, waste and energy management solutions that contribute directly to the sustainable development and competitiveness of people, businesses and industry.
We are seeking an Environmental Specialist with knowledge of chemistry and experience with hazardous waste management. Responsibilities include manifesting, packaging, spill response, labeling, loading/unloading, coordinating transportation, and sampling/profiling material while adhering to state and federal environmental, health, and safety regulations.
In a typical day as an Environmental Specialist, you will be driving to our client locations, meeting with our customers and physically loading the materials onto the truck using a variety of methods. You would have access to machines such as fork lifts, cranes, etc and the position also requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. This is a very \"hands on\" position which requires strong communication/customer service skills. A valid driver's license is required for this role.
At Veolia, you'll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our world. We offer exceptional career-development opportunities as well as the potential to work in other destinations where our organization has a presence.
In addition to an exciting, dynamic workplace, here are some of the benefits we offer:
* Education/Experience: * High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required * Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related science discipline preferred, but not required (training provided)
* 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification (training provided) * Valid Driver's License * Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License with Hazardous endorsement (training provided)
At Veolia, you'll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our world. We offer an exciting, dynamic workplace, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
* Competitive Pay * Medical/prescription/Dental/Vision Insurance * Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and the health savings account (HSA) * Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance * Supplemental long-term disability insurance * Voluntary group legal * Voluntary identity theft protection * Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance * Adoption Reimbursement * College-Savings Plan * Student Loan Refinancing * Employee Assistance Program (EAP) * Tuition Reimbursement * Employer Matched 401(K) Plan * Employee discount programs including: Pet insurance, Home insurance, Auto insurance * Work Life Balance/Paid time off * On the job training * Career Advancement * Uniform & Safety Equipment Provided * Employee referral program * Incentive Bonus Programs * Domestic and International transfer opportunities
Veolia North America values the leadership skills, loyalty and integrity you developed during your military service.
You've spent your career protecting and defending a nation. At Veolia, you'll have the chance to join a team of hardworking men and women who work day in and day out to protect and preserve North America's natural resources. At all levels of our organization, military heroes are already solving complex environmental challenges.
From safely transporting complex materials, to improving crucial infrastructure and guaranteeing the delivery of essential services, the experience you've gained during your service can continue to positively impact the world with a career at Veolia.
To support our Veteran job seekers, below is a list of MOS codes which are valuable to this position:
21F Crane Operator
21J General Construction Equipment Operator
74D Chemical Operations Specialist
88M Motor Transport Operator
88H Cargo Specialist
89D Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Specialist
92L Petroleum Laboratory Specialist
92W Water Treatment Specialist
EO Equipment Operator
EOD Explosive Ordnance Disposal
NF Nuclear Field
1169 Utilities Chief
2336 Explosive Ordnance Disposal
3051 Warehouse Clerk
3052 Packaging Specialist
3531 Motor Vehicle Operator
5711 Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Specialist
For more information, visit www.veolianorthamerica.com
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
* High school diploma/GED * Valid Drivers License and ability to obtain CDL
Associated topics: agriculture, agrosciences, air monitoring, bioassay, conservation, ecological, farm, field, sustainable, wetlands
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.