Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) the world's 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
MUFG's Loan Operations team services several lines of business within MUFG for the Americas; including Wholesale and Investment Banking, Japanese Corporate Banking, Securitization, and Supply Chain Finance. The Loan Operations team provides end to end loan origination, servicing, restructuring and trading support. Services are tailored to meet the needs of the clients and line of businesses including, but not limited to: Loan Origination, Deal Closing & Funding, Collateral/Document Review/Doc Workflow Management, Loan Servicing, Trade Confirmations & Settlement, Credit Control functions, and Syndicated/Agent Bank Booking and Servicing.
The Deal Closing Associate is broadly responsible for management and oversight for a team of administrators that support complex syndicated and bi-lateral loans, as well as letter of credit transactions for the Corporate Bank's lines of business. The Team operates in a Middle Office capacity and is in close contact with the Relationship and Portfolio Managers, ensuring all required documents, reference data, and critical information are reviewed for operational feasibility, optimal execution mechanics, regulatory requirements and mitigation of operational risk. The team partners with various internal and external parties including, but not limited to, Debt Capital Markets, Portfolio/Relationship Management, Loan and Agency Services, Finance, Legal, Trade Counterparties, as well as external Agent Banks and Lender clients. The team also interacts with their counterparts in other Regions and Legal Entities throughout MUFG's robust network of Operations areas.ajor
* Oversee a team in the Investment Banking Middle Office, which performs Middle Office deal closing functions and other processes on behalf of the IB Business Lines
* Support the Verification, Execution, and Closing of complex loan transactions, including, but not limited to; new deals, refinancing, amendments, acquisition financings, and re-pricings
* Perform a Second Level Review of legal loan documentation against required Legal, Credit, and Regulatory approvals, as per Bank policy, as well as perform review and verification of Facility booking in the MUFG System of Record
* Review internal loan related documents and notices for accuracy and completeness and submit approval to the Back Office with all necessary information/instruction for loan/fee booking
* Support the admins with pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients (i.e. Portfolio Management, Syndications, Credit, Loan and Agency Services, Finance, Legal, and Back Office Servicing)
* Review and advise on funding mechanics and operational requirements as it pertains to internal booking, according to Operational policies
* Support Escalations from the Front Office, Controllers, Reporting, and the Back Office pertaining to the closing process and ongoing queries
* Schedule internal conference calls to ensure pre-closing requirements have been met and resolve / escalate any outstanding issues (for Admin Agent/Lead transactions)
* Manage trade settlement process with ClearPar system and coordinate with Syndications and internal trade settlement teams for Institutional trades and asset sales
* Ensure execution of best practices of control, risk mitigation and escalation
* Actively participate /or lead projects and provide valuable input with various working groups, with the goal to continually enhance performance and efficiency
* In-depth knowledge of Banking Regulations and Standard Practices.
* Periodically reviews/enhances the relevant procedures to ensure appropriate control and consistency with Head Office guidelines and bank regulations.
* Ensures adherence to all bank policies and procedures relative to Regulatory Compliance including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act, Regulations Q& X, Customer identification Program, Know Your Customer, Suspicious Activity Reports. Associated topics: administrative coordinator, administrative staff, assistant, asso, beverage, chief operations officer, food, operation, operational assistant, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.