* Perform second line of defense trade monitoring for firm and client trading activity to detect potential market abuse/manipulation practices for RBC Capital Markets
* Utilize vendor surveillance tools and internal systems to research alerts generated across different asset classes including but not limited to Fixed Income, Futures and Equities
* Possess strong analytical background and research capability to analyze large amounts of trading data, and exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills to engage compliance, traders and business supervisors to discuss potential issues.
What will you do?
* Evaluate and explore surveillance methodologies used by the Trade Surveillance team to optimize and partner with IT and Advisory teams to maximize the effeciency of current reviews.
* Draft Business Requirement Documents, design, test and implement automated surveillance reports to identify inappropriate trading/investment patterns and anomalies.
* Continue developing in-depth knowledge of financial markets and stay informed of regulatory changes and maintain subject matter expertise on surveillance industry trends and technology development.
* Handle multiple projects, perform surveillance and deliver tasks in a timely manner.
* Review trading data emanating from multiple front-end trading systems, technology and third party vendor systems and inform relevant compliance and legal folks of any suspicious activity or patterns of unusual trading.
What do you need to succeed?
Basic Qualifications (Legislative Requirement)
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in the brokerage industry, providing familiarity with securities industry regulatory environment, practices and operations
* In-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing the securities industry
* Strong analytical and investigative skills
* Solid verbal and written communication skills
Other Required Qualifications:
* Capital Markets Trade Surveillance Experience
* Effective organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize between multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Ability to effectively analyze risk to the organization of potential issues discovered
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting
* Strong understanding of various products offered at RBCWM
* Individual with Fixed Income or Equity trading and/or compliance experience at a bulge bracket broker-dealer
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
* Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: Jersey City
Address: 30 Hudson
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL07
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/01/2019
Req ID: 190664
Ad Code(s): None
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, business systems analyst, consult, examiner, financial analytic, guidance, investment analytics, legal, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.