164 Van Horne St
Applies highly advanced knowledge of solution principles to a variety of sales opportunities with high MRR potential. Maintains thorough knowledge across the entire Rackspace portfolio with deep understanding within multiple sections of the portfolio. Works in close collaboration with sales teams to design technical solutions for specific opportunities, develop account strategies, uncover additional business opportunities, and drive expansion within multiple business units inside of an Enterprise organization. Leads internal and external efforts to evolve and promote the role of the Solutions team.
* Leverages training, education, and previous experience to gather customer requirements, respectfully challenge customer assumptions, and translate into a Rackspace supportable solution.
* Routinely leads multi-customer workshops to define broader hosting and cloud strategies.
* Primary technical contact on specific opportunities of moderate to high complexity while also providing guidance and thought leadership during the sales process.
* Participates and leads customer calls and face to face meetings.
* In close collaboration with the sales team, will occasionally lead customer engagements.
* Evaluates customer needs and strongly influences broader customer hosting and business strategies.
* Highly advanced understanding of the tools of the solution trade (Salesforce, Proposal Tools, Technology Sizing Tools).
* Responsible for associated activities such as capturing notes and activities in Salesforce and managing the deal pipeline.
* Proficient with advanced reporting functions of Salesforce.
* Proficient in assisting the sales team in soliciting buying signs and compelling events.
* Identifies decision makers and builds extensive networks to help facilitate lead generation, with an emphasis on technical influencers.
* Foresees potential technical and business customer objections early in the sales cycle.
* Adeptly overcomes concerns and lowers customer risk to selecting Rackspace.
* As a Trusted Advisor, with a deep understanding of the customer's business, proficiently uncovers both overt and latent pains.
* Develops deep relationships with sales and support contacts to deliver advanced strategic account planning including methods for generating additional business opportunities and cross-selling within an organization.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with little instruction. Influence is beyond their personal role and leads projects with impact across multiple Rackspace teams including but not limited to the Solutions and Sales teams. Provides mentorship to fellow Solution team members.
* Proven extensive technical knowledge with the ability to quickly learn new concepts.
* Maintains thorough knowledge of the entire Rackspace portfolio and is a subject matter expert for multiple sections within the portfolio.
* Helps define value proposition of products and services to maintain Rackspace competitive edge.
* Thorough knowledge of Rackspace support and sales processes with demonstrated success in closing complex business (multiple customer touch points and month+ sales cycle).
* Ability to help navigate significant deals around internal obstacles to ensure revenue realization.
* Leads initiatives and engages process owners to continually improve pre-sales and implementation customer experience.
* Excellent attention to detail, communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to prioritize deals, training, and initiatives through highly effective time management.
* Excellent problem solving, analytical, presentation, and whiteboarding skills.
* Track record of success working through technical challenges within enterprise organizations.
* Track record of success dealing with ambiguity (internal and external) and working collaboratively with other departments and organizations to solve challenging problems.
* Advanced knowledge and thought leadership on technology and industry trends that affect hosting decisions for enterprise organizations.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Required.
* Prefer Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business.
* Experience may substitute for the degree requirement at a rate of 3 years experience for 1 year of education.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Requires 10+ years solutions engineering experience with a proven track record. Advanced Sales training (Sandler, John Care).
* Advanced technical training on one or more specific technologies or applications within the Rackspace portfolio required.
* CERTIFICATION: At least TWO industry certifications required: Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, CCNA, OpenStack, Cloud Savvy. Top tier industry certifications highly desired: i.e. CISSP, ITIL MALC, etc. Additional Business focused and Rackspace product certifications highly desired.
General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. High levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required.
Associated topics: application architect, c/c++, c#, design, devops, java, perl, programming, senior software developer, software engineer lead
Associated topics: .net, application developer, architecture, c#, programming, senior, senior software developer, senior software engineer, software architect, software engineer lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...