The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Processes, Operations & Strategy function is responsible for managing the process of Global Supplier Managements Group's (GSMG) core function of creating and maintaining relationships with our service and material suppliers. These suppliers are key to our company's ability to manufacture critical medicines used by millions of patients around the world.
An internship in Process, Operations & Strategy will allow you to:
* Work hands-on improving supplier manufacturing processes * Gain exposure to all global procurement functions and departments * Advance an understanding of group dynamics within working communities * Foster collaboration and innovation * Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills
Internships with the Processes, Operations & Strategy function are offered in:
Process Excellence & Operations:
As an intern you will support the daily operation of the Process Excellence & Operations team. You will help support the team with day to day operations, complete project related tasks and assist with risk systems maintenance. Example responsibilities include:
* Support execution of compliance plans/initiatives to ensure that the team complies with applicable policies and procedures. * Assist in the review and update of relevant procedures and documents (including contract clauses). * Assist with the preparation and delivery of Risk & Compliance training. * Support the maintenance and upkeep of risk related information housed in the risk systems as well as protect data quality/integrity within those systems.
Business Intelligence & Systems:
As an intern you will support the data analytics function provided by the Business Intelligence & System team. You will participate in implementing long term project work as well as perform ad-hoc reporting requests. You will be required to work in a team environment as well as with internal stakeholders. You must be willing to learn new skills on the job. The responsibilities may include:
* Collect and model large amounts of data. * Filter and 'clean' existing data * Explore data to understand data structures, definitions, and anomalies. * Interpret data, analyze results, and draw conclusions using statistical methodologies and mathematical formulas using SpotFire, R and/or Python. * Implement creative solutions to problems * Collaborate with our internal customers to establish dashboards and KPI's that help create actionable analytics and data insights for senior management.
* Ability to work in NJ/PA area during summer 2019 * Interpersonal and communications skills.
* Strong data collection, analysis and reporting, Project Management
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ?
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as \"Merck\" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as \"MSD\" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ?
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at ...@merck.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.