2020 Finance Senior Specialist - MBA Rotation Program
Compensation: $91,085.00 - $129,700.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Our Finance team brings together our financial perspectives into our overall strategic and tactical decision making. We use state-of-the-art techniques for financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and performance evaluation. This allows the organization to continue advancing medical innovation and improve lives.
Our company's Financial organization helps plan and analyze the resources that allow us to continue advancing medical innovation around the world. This team of attentive, exacting individuals prepares and organizes financial assets in order to drive our company's momentum towards providing the world with an evolving, diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, and animal health products that fuel global wellness.
This program is committed to developing future Finance leaders through its Finance MBA Rotational Program. Finance Senior Specialists will join a two-year Rotation Program for new MBA hires within Finance and the Global Services Organization. The program provides emerging talent with opportunity to gain a breadth of experience and build and enhance leadership skills required to succeed as future Finance and Company leaders. The program includes practical experience in at least 2 position rotations primarily at our NJ and PA locations, with potential other domestic locations or international opportunities where mutually desirable. Additionally, senior management exposure, mentoring, networking and other learning and development experiences are incorporated throughout the program.
Program Overview & Responsibilities
By joining this MBA Rotational program, individuals will gain an understanding how our company is fulfilling its purpose of inventing medicines to improve people's lives. Roles within the Rotational program may include but not limited to forecasting, reporting, and analyzing operating results; operational risk management and process improvement consulting; managing capital structure, currency and other financial risks; analyzing acquisitions, divestitures, business strategies, product licensing proposals, and capital investments; or other roles in global support functions including procurement and global supplier management.
Upon completion of the two-year program, participants may be placed in Finance roles based on performance, business needs and mutual interest, where possible.
As part of the MBA Rotational Program, you will gain the opportunity to innovate in a changing world through:
* EXPERIMENTING - We challenge the way we work every day as our Senior Leaders are committed to continually evaluating new ways of working through experimentation. Individuals will be part of a culture where every experiment is taken as a lesson learned which is part of the innovative process.
* EMPOWERING - You will learn how to evaluate business operations and processes to effectively complete day to day responsibilities and challenge the current ways of working. Individuals are empowered to develop their skill-set through a breadth of experience across corporate and client facing roles.
* NETWORKING - We will empower you to lead by giving you a plethora of opportunities. Individuals will have opportunities to attend lunch and learn presentations with senior leaders, participate in formal trainings, mentor programs and various activities with other colleagues across the organization.
* SHARING - We work to break down silos and share our knowledge to better connect people and data. Individuals will be challenged to critically problem solve, act as trusted advisors, and utilize data & analytic applications to provide business insights.
* LEARNING - Our Rotational program takes pride in the formal training, on the job learning, formal performance evaluations through real time feedback and independent learning to create a learning culture that is a continuous journey, not a destination.
This is a full-time position starting in July 2020.
Must have an MBA in Finance and a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience
* Demonstration of integrity within a professional work environment
* Passion for Merck's mission of saving and improve lives
* Dedication to teamwork
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* Passion and commitment to learning
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with client and business process owners
* Ability to have a global mindset and work across boundaries
Eligibility to work in the US on a permanent basis. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ?
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as \"Merck\" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as \"MSD\" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ?
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at ...@merck.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Associated topics: architect, back end, c, c#, design, develop, lead, maven, senior software engineer, software engineer lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...