Diagnostic Sales Consultant - Northern NJ (Territory #32) (Bloomfield)
Compensation: $104,610.00 - $173,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
McKesson Corporation is a Fortune 7 company founded in 1833 with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. As one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States, we are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
A lot has changed in our 186 years, but our commitment to better health has not. And we can t do it without you!
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission: whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company and of healthcare. At McKesson, you ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. United by our ICARE values, we work together to make our customers and partners more successful, all for the better care of patients. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that s vital to us all. Explore a career with McKesson, where we all play an important role in improving lives around the world!Current Need
Are you driven by success? Does the thought of influencing and educating others while achieving great results fuel your motivation? Are you ready to launch yourself into a job where you can overcome challenges, be a trusted advisor, and think creatively to help your clients solve business problems and create a winning outcome?
Join McKesson s growing Lab Sales team as a Diagnostic Sales Consultant
in the Northern, NJ territory!Position Description
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Diagnostic Sales Consultant is primarily responsible to assess, identify, develop and recommend Lab sales opportunities for existing McKesson customers as well as new customers or products. The role will require engagement with key stakeholders to advance the growth within customer and product segments to include, Primary Care Account Executive, Primary Care Area Sales Managers, Lab Capital Equipment Team, Consultants, manufacturer partners and customers.Key ResponsibilitiesAchieve Sales Results
- Achieve revenue objectives & targets and accept responsibility for performance through articulating clinical, operational and economic value proposition, and growing lab customer base through prospecting and retaining current business
- Accountable for assessment & recommendation of identifying short- and long-term business needs, creating territory sales plans to address and win opportunities by customer and product segment view
- Utilize available sales technology (SFDC, Sales Analytics tools, MBA, etc.) to: set direction, better understand opportunities and improve results. Analyze customer information to assist customer and Account Manager in proper formulary of testing within the practice
- Gather data on marketing trends, competitive products, and pricing to capitalize on selling opportunities
- Build relationships with key leaders and influencers to drive acceptance and use of Lab offerings through alignment with customer and product goals.
- Educate, train and influence PC sales force.
- Work closely with Area Sales Managers, Regional Vice Presidents and supplier partners to prioritize Lab opportunities and adoption goals.
Influence and Collaboration
- Identify opportunities to grow revenue within territory
- Capitalize on opportunities within existing territory to identify areas of growth and penetration
- Apply specialized knowledge to ensure customer retention and expansion opportunities for sales growth
- Establish and build strong internal and external client relationships that allow for future growth, profitability and predictability
- Coordinate the involvement of internal colleagues and management in order to meet the customer s expectations and maximize performance
- Network, interface and effectively communicate with internal colleagues and peers to share information and best practices while remaining aware of industry/customer organizations that impact business
- Demonstrate strong leadership with colleagues, peers, and internal stakeholders, and effectively manage up and down the organization with a positive influence
- Degree or equivalent and typically requires 4+ years of relevant experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Must to be able to travel daily (approx. 75-80%) within assigned region
- Ability to strategically build relationships, act as an advisor & educator, and demonstrate influence & business solutioning with sales leadership, account management team, customers, and vendors
- Ability to take ownership and drive sales process from inception to close using a team-selling approach and leveraging strong financial & business acumen
- Proven experience working in complex situations and negotiating with decision makers
- Ability to execute strong organizational skills to drive performance and time management
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of accountability, leadership and change management skills while being adept to new concepts, technology and ideas
- Prior sales experience in healthcare, distribution and/or lab is a plus
- B2B sales experience is a plus
- Experience in team-selling lab products preferred
- Physician Office Lab (POL) experience a plus
- Proficiency with using a CRM tool (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proficiency with Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook
- Large percent of time performing computer-based work is required
- Travel within assigned territory approximately 75-80%
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
We take pride in our culture of connection and believe in a workplace where everyone can be their full, authentic self. We welcome and encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities and others with diverse perspectives to join our growing team. Your unique perspective and experience are valuable assets that can translate into a rewarding career path with us.Meaningful Work
- Your job at McKesson will help millions of people get more from their healthcare
- We deliver medical supplies to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of patients
- Help shape the future of healthcare in a meaningful career with a balanced life
Apply to join our team and help shape the future of healthcare!McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- Parental leave for moms AND dads
- Wellness resources and rewards, such as gift cards, rebates, medical premium discounts and fitness tracking devices
- Superb training and leadership development for career growth
- Commuter benefits plans
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ...@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales, leader, management, manager, manager of sales, principal, sales leader, sales management, territory manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...