Life Time champions a healthy and happy life for its members. As the nations only Healthy Way of Life brand, Life Time delivers an unmatched athletic resort experience and provides a comprehensive healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment experience that goes well beyond fitness to encompass the entire spectrum of daily life for individuals, couples and families of all ages.In todays hustle and bustle lifestyle, convenience to fast casual food service is appealing. At Life Time, members and guests enjoy delicious food before or after their workout, relaxing poolside or on the go at the service of our LifeCafe Team. As part of our restaurant staff youll work alongside health-minded teammates in a fun and fast-paced environment, proudly serving our members and guests industry-leading healthy food options. Real Foods. Real Flavors. Really Tasty. Join our LifeCafe Team in any of the following positions and grow your service-oriented career into leadership opportunities. As a Team Member, you are eligible for medical benefits, vacation pay, retirement and discounts on Life Time products and services. All Team Members receive a fully subsidized membership to all Life Time clubs.
The LifeCafe Assistant Kitchen Manager supervises and coordinates activities of assembly and prep team members and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking food. They are responsible for keeping cost of goods in line with or better than budget. They provide leadership in the fulfillment of Life Time Fitness mission statement and brand.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains daily operations of back of house including maintaining cleanliness, ordering food and supplies, evaluating prep lists and par levels
- Observes and manages workers engaged in preparing and portioning foods to ensure that methods of cooking andsizes of portions are following recipe standards
- Supervises, trains, develops, and assesses cooks and dishwashers to ensure continuous growth through orientations, direction, and feedback
- Maximizes profit by controlling food costs through recipe adherence, proper ordering and par levels
- Makes recommendations on the hiring, the promotion and termination of employees to the Caf Manager ?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous kitchen experience
- Food Safety Certification
- Ability to stay calm and overcome any food production issues
- Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit for long periods of time
? Preferred Requirements
Associated topics: backend, day manager, day shift manager, deli manager, general manager, general operations manager, night manager, night shift manager, operations, produce manager