Our Exciting Work Environment
Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At Metlife Stadium, we provide food and beverage concessions, luxury suites catering, and retail for our partners, the New York Giants and New York Jets. Yes! You read that correctly: TWO football teams! In addition, MetLife Stadium hosts a variety of concerts and family shows throughout the year. We're working behind the scenes and on the front lines - making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be
Are you an experienced and resourceful chef who holds your kitchen to a very high standard and knows how to train and motivate your staff to deliver a consistently great experience day after day? Whenever you see an opportunity to improve the customer experience, you can't help but take action! This role will offer the opportunity to execute innovative menus and work closely with the Executive Chef to create unique events and experiences.
- The successful associate will be responsible for assisting Executive Chef with daily supervision and production for catering operations including game and non game day events.
- Responsible for the overall management of the catering kitchen, providing leadership and support, ensuring all events are executed according to the Banquet Event Order (BEO) outline / guidelines
- Ability to read, understand and execute any changes to BEO's that are communicated
- Directly responsible for managing a food and labor budget for the catering operation.
- Plan menus, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Health Department Regulations.
- Five years Culinary Arts experience, including previous experience in a management role. More specifically, in high volume restaurant and catering operations environment; experience supervising personnel.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- ServSafe Certification Preferred.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing. Familiar with ordering and inventory procedure
- Adaptable to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment to organize and orchestrate any last-minute changes to event details effectively
- Excellent organizational, communication and PC skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Ability to coach, develop and train others
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential.
- Professional, enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- Must obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants and airports. With approximately $3 billion in annual revenue, the company s 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality and food service, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
Associated topics: baker, chef, commercial kitchen, corporate kitchen, deli chef, executive kitchen, head chef, pastry, prep chef, sushi chef