Key responsibilities will include targeted efforts around Covance Market Access strategies and tactics. The person in this role will be a leader who will manage and execute marketing activities that include but are not limited to:
- Creates and manages CMA marketing strategy, go-to-market plan and tactical budget.
- Executes. leads and manages marketing initiatives to support business success for Covance Market Access (CMA), helping to position the company's expertise and capabilities across the drug development continuum.
- Launch and manage highly targeted marketing campaigns that drive interest and preference for Covance and focus on sales enablement and lead generation.
- Drive global marketing efforts of CMA through interactions with sales, SMEs, other marketing colleagues, operations, customers, and promotional events.
- Enable the achievement of annual sales goals for CMA through strategic and tactical execution.
- Advise on strategies to develop compelling marketing messaging and programs via direct mail, trade advertising, webinars, white papers, etc.) to drive client interest and create differentiation.
- For growth strategy priorities, partner with demand marketing to develop compelling marketing messaging and provide guidance on go-to-market strategies (webinars, white papers, etc.) to drive client interest and create differentiation.
- Oversee the development of sales tools in conjunction with the Marketing Director, Sales Management, Medical/SMEs, and Operations to be used by the sales force to implement key positioning and sales strategies
- Execute events strategy and collaborate with sales, SMEs and events team on flawless/high-quality execution (industry conferences, C-Suite events, symposiums, roadshows, webinars).
- Collaborate across organizational structures and other business units, including peer marketers in supporting both early clinical and later stage clinical marketing activities; along with agile biotech and leading pharma teams.
- Work across the Enterprise to create and deliver integrated customer solutions, co-marketing programs and educational efforts, as appropriate.
- Measure impact of CMA marketing initiatives via metrics and dashboards reporting. Make recommendations on improvements and best practices for future programs.
- Gather market landscape, competitor and customer need data, and use this information to identify marketing strategies to differentiate CMA, as well as to provide the sales team with key areas of focus in their selling efforts.
- Perform other marketing and sales support functions, as needed.
Level of education preferred (if required or experience level which may be substituted for level of education).
Professional degree/designations/certifications/licenses legally required (i.e. RN, MD, VDM etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Science, or Business preferred
- Master's degree a strong plus
Years of experience in the job discipline
Years of experience in other professional roles
Other required work-related experiences
- A minimum of a BA/BS; MBA degree preferred
- 8-10+ years prior work experience in marketing and sales with 3+ years at the manager level; Specific expertise in marketing life science services highly desirable.
- Extensive experience with marketing program strategy, planning, development, and implementation.
- Experience in online/internet marketing, knowledge of print production and media
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with Covance senior management
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent written, project management, presentation and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Must be a self-motivator willing to influence events and people to achieve goals
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and problem-solve; Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Strong analytical, time management and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel globally - ~20% travel
Associated topics: alumni, care, chief marketing officer, community, demand, hospital, market, policy, principle gift, public relations