*Posted Date:* Feb 26, 2019
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine Lifestyles delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele.
We are seeking a *Director of Dining Services* that will be responsible to lead the overall operation of the dining services department in a senior living community in West Orange, NJ.
* Responsibility for ensuring the food offered to the residents, guests, and employees of the community is of superior quality.
* Directs and conducts safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs
* Maintains excellent relationships with residents, guests, client, and dining department staff
* Onboarding, training, promoting professional growth, and development of the dining services team
* Leadership of all aspects of departmental financial accountability
* Maintains department in \"inspection ready\" state at all times
* Bachelor's degree in Food Service Management or related field; or Associate's degree plus five years of directly related experience- preferred
* Three to five years of senior living experience- preferred
* Five plus years of direct foodservice operational management experience in a fine dining/hotel/country club setting
* Experience with state, federal and local regulatory agency inspections
* Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
* Excellent customer services skills
* Experience with P&L accountability- highly desirable
* Contract-managed service experience -highly desirable
* ServSafe? certified
* Certified Dietary Manager certificate - preferred
*Apply to Unidine Lifestyles today!*
/Unidine Lifestyles is a member of Compass Group USA/
*Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story*
*Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.*
Associated topics: assistant general manager, assistant restaurant manager, deli manager, gerente de cocina, grocery store manager, night manager, operations, restaurant general manager, restaurant leader, service manager